Riddle, Thomas M. (d.1869)

 

Thomas Riddle moved to Wauwatosa in 1835. He eventually purchased the Little Red Store and remodeled it to serve as a grocery store. The only store in the village for many years, it also functioned as a library, Republican Party headquarters and the depot for Wisconsin's first railroad which ran between Milwaukee and Wauwatosa on 1835. The store later became a post office and Riddle served as postmaster. The Little Red Store, built in 1854, still stands at 7220 W. Harwood Avenue.